Praça dos Mártires, also known as Passeio Público, is the oldest square in the city of Fortaleza, Ceará. Besides the beautiful view of the sea, the square has as natural attractions several old trees, such as the famous Baobá planted by Senador Pompeu in 1910. Its current name was defined on January 11, 1879 by the Municipality of Fortaleza. Built in 1890 in neoclassical style, the square was renovated in 1940 in the style of the Public Promenade of Rio de Janeiro. It was registered by IPHAN on April 13, 1965. In September 2007, the last restoration of the plaza was carried out by the City Hall of Fortaleza through FUNCET with the support of Casa Cor in Ceará. The restored square was delivered to the population in a ceremony held on October 6, 2007.